i4me | Unoccupied Home Insurance | Hassle Free Claims
0800 4701881 Weekdays 8.30am - 6pm

Unoccupied Home Insurance

Specialist Unoccupied home insurance for properties in the UK.

Use our easy comparison site for the best price and our bespoke cover will give you peace of mind and allow you to enjoy your home.

  • Short Term Policies 3, 6, 9 or 12 months
  • Homes Awaiting Sale or Under Renovation
  • Properties which will remain Unoccupied for the foreseeable future
0800 4701881 Weekdays 8.30am - 6pm

Unoccupied Home Insurance

If you own a property that is unoccupied it is very important that you have the correct type of insurance cover, as most home insurance policies will not provide cover if a property has been unoccupied for a short period of time.

Unoccupied insurance is similar to normal home insurance but allows for a property to be permanently unoccupied. We are able to arrange short term policies so you only need to pay for the cover that you require.

Hassle free claims

The last thing you want when making an insurance claim is a load of bureaucracy. We strongly believe that all claims should be completely hassle free whenever possible. We also appreciate and understand that incidents giving rise to a claim do not always occur between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Exactly for that reason is why our claims line is open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year - giving you complete peace of mind when taking out a policy with i4me.

Incidentally when making a claim we always encourage our policy holders to take photos of the damage that has occurred. As the saying goes ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ and a good photo in our opinion will always speed up the processing of any claim.

Buildings Cover

The Home including, tennis courts, swimming pools, drives, paths, patios and terraces, walls, gates and fences, fixed fuel tanks and attached solar panels.

Choosing Your Building Sum Insured

The full cost of rebuilding the buildings in the same form, style and condition plus an amount for professional fees and debris removal costs.


Household goods, valuables and personal belongings, within the home and radio and television aerials and satellite dishes attached to the home.

Choosing Your Contents Sum Insured

Your contents must be insured for the full cost of replacement as new. It is very important that your sums insured are correct at all times.

Proportionate Remedy (Applies to both Buildings & Contents)

If your sums insured are not adequate, then insurers will proportionally reduce the amount of any claim payment made by the percentage of under insurance.

Optional Additional Covers

Option to include Accidental Damage (AD) cover for Contents (AD cover for Buildings is already included) and Denial of Access (Loss of income) cover.

About Us

i4me specialises in arranging cover for unoccupied and residential property. The roots of the i4me insurance schemes can be traced back to 1985. Because of our vast past experience we have been granted one of the highest levels of underwriting authority from our scheme insurers. Notably we can assist in arranging cover for properties that have even had past problems with flood or subsidence.

Our quote and buy website will enable you get your unoccupied home fully insured within minutes. We however also appreciate that some people prefer to talk to someone directly concerning a particular requirement. In this regard we welcome calls to our office where an experienced member of our team will be pleased to guide you through your cover options and arrange cover for you should you wish.

We love to chat. Give us a call.

Arranging insurance can be daunting. Sometimes you just want to talk to someone without feeling rushed, and for them to explain your choices and offer assistance without any pressure.

We think that's important too. Which is why we love talking to and getting to know our customers.

So whether it's to arrange cover, check a particular detail or to discuss a renewal - get in touch.

0800 4701881